Sunday, March 27, 2011

Another New Project

I am a wife, mother and grandmother and I enjoy so many things in life that sometimes I just need to share. Ours was a host home for Disciple Now this past weekends and one of the questions asked was, "Where are you right now and are you happy with that?"  As the answers from around the room of teenagers came out, there were so many thoughts about "Where am I?"  Some answered about where they lived, some about relationships, some about school and a few about their walk with the Lord.  As I listened, I thought about what my answer would be.  Being the oldest in the room, I knew my answer may carry some weight so thankfully I had some time to think before I spoke.  I love where I am right now.  This season of my life, admittedly early winter, is wonderful.  God has placed us, as a family, in a small community, with Bible-believing people and we have made so many new friends.  I love that I have a wonderful, loving family, a caring church family, and close friends that make our lives richer.  I love that I have a seasoned, loving, long relationship with my Savior and friend, Jesus Christ.  I love that I have my health to enjoy the blessings that have been so freely given.  I love that I have a wonderful husband who is supportive of me and my "new" career.  Am I happy with where I am spritually? Never.  I always have the feeling that I am not doing enough, studying enough, saying enough., praying enough. I think honestly that no one is ever happy with our spiritual walk.  If we are, we are probably complacent.

As I contemplate "where I am now" I can hardly do that without thinking about "How I got here."  By the Grace and Mercy of a loving Savior, commitment to a task at hand and long range planning come to mind.  I do not believe in luck.  I do believe in the power of prayer.  I do believe in Grace and Mercy.  I do believe in hard work and planning.  I do believe that God orders our steps and our lives.  I also believe that we are a product of our past experiences and we can either learn from them, or use them as excuses to not do better.

As I have told some of you, God has been telling me for some time now to write a book.  One of the things I enjoy is writing short stories when I have a good subject.  All of the short stories I have written have been biographical in nature, but I feel I need to push harder and reach farther.  I hope to use this tool to simply write about the things that I love.  Things like my family, friends, entertainment, recipes, travel, sewing, my business (Cedar Ridge Events), and how God has spoken to me, are a few of the things I want to try to share.

Not knowing the "rules" of a blog like how often to update, how long each entry should be and things like that, I will feel my way along and hopefully not look like too much of an amateur.

Lovie

1 comment:

  1. So thankful for you to start sharing your stories with others! I love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete